Tuesday, July 05, 2005
Gettysburg: The Day After
Well ladies and gents i just came back from a rather enjoyable weekend at the Gettysburg big July reenactment. I think this was the best time ive ever had at a Gettysburg event. All and all i had a blast, but ill try to pick out some highlights for your reading pleasure

Well first of all we were camped right across the street from regestration. So that is always a plus, we were able to find our spot and set up quickly. The best part about our area is that it was PRIME Gettysburg real estate. This is because it was close to all the improtant stuff. (Bleachers, Bathrooms, Sutler's row, Even the parking Lot and exit). So we got there around 3ish (i think) and started to set up. At one point the big head cheese of the reenactment came up to our camp and dtarted talking to us. Next thing i know i am agreeing to be the groom and a marrage set to happon at the activities tent. (And my bride ends up being Tracey, but more on that later.

Well lets see,,,WHAT DID I BUY! Well first of all, Amy saw some really neet lanterns for 30 bucks, They were complete with a mirror back side for extra light. She got one,,,then me being a sucker for neet stuff went and bought the last one. BOYEAH! On the way back i bought a hooker (no, not that kind) so i oculd hang it on my tent for easy access.

We really got some good reations from the public when we were playing. We got alot of YYEEHHAAWWs and what-not when we played everyone' favorate civil war songs. The "Programs" that Bob has put togeather is a much better system then having to lug the huge folders everywhere. Props to the Sargent-Major on that call!

Also the atmosphere this year was amazing. No bickering, no picking at each other, no problems with the group at all. Everyone seemed to really enjoy themselves.

OK, on to the wedding. Here is a narration of the wedding

Complete with shackles and a shotgun to my back, i am led up the middle of the activities tent to feel the wrath of dishonoring myself and Tracey. The public was laughing at me all the way as i walked up. Next, up walked my pregnant bride-to-be, lead by her father (Rick Long) she is forced to marry me because i got her pregnant out of wed-lock. After exchanging words with reverand rennalds and being shut up via-shotgun toting father, the wors are spoken "et them speek now or forever hold their peace".

REVERAND I OBJECT! (gasp)

Up stands Amy, who is in love with me and does not want to see me married. But no no avail. In the end i am forced to marry the mother of my pollow, and i am lead away still in chains.

Other random ammusing moments of gettysburg:

The "Sav intimidation dance of death"

Trying to polka in brogans, is not good

Doing upbeat civil war dances in borgans is ammusing

Hugging a 1975 chevy van

Money (thats her name) on fred's motorcycle

One of the most beautifull sights ive ever seen was this weekend. Millions of fireflys lighting up the trees like tiny christmass lights

All and all i had fun,,,and this weekend REALLy did alot to clear my head
1 Comments:
Blogger Tracey said...
Your blog made me go "ha ha"

I am the mother of your pillow!! And you're in love with another woman! LOL